|23 NOV 2019 - 24 NOV 2019|
Name:HK Judo Referee Examination 2019
Location:Shek Kip Mei Park Sports Centre
Deadline:05 NOV 2018
|19 OCT 2019 - 20 OCT 2019|
Name:Hong Kong Judo Referee Seminar 2019
Location:Lei Yue Mun Sports Centre
Deadline:05 NOV 2018
|08 DEC 2018 - 09 DEC 2018|
Name:HK Judo Referee Examination
Location:Po Kong Village Road Sports Centre
Deadline:05 NOV 2018
Referee shall be an upright and honest, fair and selfless intermediary of sports contest.Referee shall understand the rules and its spirits and original purposes well.
1. Fairness is very important. Referee shall help to express the spirit and original purposes of the rules and corporate with the athletes well to facilitate the progress of the competition.
2. Together with the athletes,referee shall have sportsmanship and proper manner.
3. Referee shall not take any referee duties not arranged by the association or referee committee. Referee must report to the referee committee before taking any referee duties not arranged by the association or referee committee.
4. Referee shall not make any changes to arranged referee duties. If there are any changes, one shall report to the referee committee or secretary 48 hours before the contest.
5. Referee shall arrive at the venue 30 minutes (unless there is any special requirement) before the contest starts. One shall not be late (one would be counted as absent if one is 10 or more minutes late) or leave early.
6. Referee shall dress up according to the regulations by IJF.
7. If there are any special regulations for the contest, the referee shall judge according to the special regulations. (The competition committee will explain on the contest day.)
8. Referee shallfulfill the requirement on the Hong Kong Judo Referee General Rule about the number of referee duties yearly. If one applies to pause the referee duties for more than 6 months, one will not be arranged for any duties in the remaining time that year.
9. Referee shall attend the Hong Kong Judo Referee Seminar once every two years.
(1) Please call the competition committee or competition organizers two hours before if there is any weather reason affecting the commence of the competition.
(2) Referee on duties shall sign up thereferee sign-in list.
General Rules of Hong Kong Judo Referee
(1) Referee must be an associated or an individual member of The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China.
(2) Referee candidate must reach the age of 21 years old when enrolling for a referee course.
(3) All level of referees must be accredited by Referee Committee which shall report to The Judo
Association of Hong Kong, China for referees’ promotions.
(4) Referee should speak and write Chinese and English fluently.
(5) Referee shall dress up according to the regulations or/and notices of The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China
Validation of Referee License
(1) The term of validity of all kinds of Referee Licenses issued by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China is 24 months.
(2) Referee shall attend referee duty at least 6 times during the term of validity of his/her Referee License.
(3) Referee shall attend Referee Course or/and Seminar organized by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China once every two years.
(1) All kinds of Referee Courses or Seminars shall be charged.
(2) Referee registration and re-registration shall be charged.
(3) Exact fee of referee registration or re-registration shall be announced on application forms.
(1) Referee Committee or Disciplinary Committee shall disqualify a Referee if he/she violates any rules and regulations of IJF after an inquest.
(2) Referee who does not register with The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China 12 months after the expiry of his / her Referee License will be disqualified.
Renewal of Licenses
(1) Referee should re-register with the Secretariat of The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China within 30 days before and 12 months after the expiry of his / her Referee License. The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China shall voluntary accept a referee’s re-registration application should the referee conforms with the rules and regulations of the Referee Committee. Referee duties should only be assigned when he / she has completed his re-registration procedures.
(2) Referee who is disqualified because of the Second Clause of Disqualification shall have to retake the Referee Examination for the renewal of his / her Referee License.
Local A Referee
(1) holder of Local B Referee Certificate issued by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China for a period of 3 years or above; and
(2) holder of Certificate of Third Dan or above issued by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China; and
(3) observe the Second and Third Clause of the Validation of Referee License; and
(4) To be assessed and accredited by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China
Local B Referee
(1) holder of Certificate of Second Dan or above issued by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China; and
(2) holder of Local C Referee Certificate for a period of 12 months and observe the Second and Third Clause of the Validation of Referee License; and
(3) To be assessed and accredited by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China.
Local C Referee
(1) holder of Certificate of First Dan or above issued by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China; and
(2) To be assessed and accredited by The Judo Association of Hong Kong, China.
The contents and ways of assessments for local referees of all levels are similar to those organized by International Judo Federation. These examination arrangements aim at preparing local referees to promoting to International referees in the long run.
(1) Contents of assessments for referees of all levels and the proceedings of promotions
Please referee to Application Form
(2) Written Test
The Examination Questions in the form of Multiple Choice are stipulated in accordance with the Rules and Regulations published by International Judo Federation. The passing mark is 80%. Only those passed the Written Test are eligible to join the second stage of assessments.
(3) Mock Examination
(a) Assessment of Judo Techniques
A Referee must know all the techniques well so that he/she could make an appropriate judgement in refereeing. The candidate shall be asked to demonstrate the judo techniques which are assigned to the candidate by random. Only those passed the technique assessment are eligible to join the Mock Competition Assessment.
(b) Mock Competition Assessment
Candidates shall be arranged by the Examination Committee to referring in the mock competitions in order to review their ability in judgements. The aim of this assessment is to give the candidates to experiencing different kinds of competition environment in terms of pressure and situations to prepare them for sound and appropriate sense of judgements in real tournaments. Only those who have passed the Mock Competition Assessment are eligible to join the Practical Exam.
(4) Practical Examination
(a) Assessment in actual tournament
Candidates shall be assigned as Referees or Judges in an actual tournament. The Examiner shall assess their abilities of refereeing as official referees or judges.
(b) Review of candidates’ refereeing
The Examiner and the Chief Referee of the tournament shall review and sum up the performances of the candidates after the competitions.
(5) Announcement of Result
The Examiner shall make up the reports to the Executive Committee which shall announce the result of the assessment in due course.